Winter is on its way! Some are excited to dust off the skis and winter jackets, while others may be dreading the months ahead. But no matter which category you fall into, one thing is certain: Being prepared for winter is a MUST!
Winter storms often result with millions of people being left without power, heat and fresh running water. Being prepared before a winter storm is extremely important, since they hit quickly and leave dangerous roads and conditions in their paths.
Before a Winter Storm:
1) Ensure each family member has an emergency kit packed and ready with at least 3 days of food and water.
3) Get your rock salt and shovels ready in order to clear walking paths and driveways.
4) Arrange alternative plans if you need to travel. Ask your employer ahead of time if you can work from home, and change/cancel any flights if possible.
5) Make a family communication plan to ensure you are all on the same page.
6) Listen to the weather stations and track the storm as it approaches.
7) Bring pets INDOORS and ensure they are prepared in the case of evacuation or emergency situations.
This post was posted in Disasters, Emergency Preparedness, The Holidays, Winter and was tagged with blizzards, emergency kit, emergency prep, emergency preparation, emergency preparedness, emergency supply list, flashlight, frostbite, fun in snow, life gear, lifegear, natural disaster, preparedness, preparing family, preparing for blizzard, preparing for snow, preparing for snow storm, snow, snow storms, winter, winter activities, winter storms