Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety
Share this Image On Your Site
Halloween & Trick-or-Treating Safety
For kids, Halloween is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year. For parents, it can be one of the scariest.
Did You Know?
- Twice as many kids are struck by a car on Halloween than any other day of the year.
- While all parents care about their children’s safety, only 1/3 talk to their kids annually about Halloween safety.
You may have discussed Halloween safety with your kids, but it never hurts to remind them. The excitement of a bag full of candy and treats can easily distract them from the simple, potentially life-saving, precautions.
- Cross streets at corners using crosswalks and traffic signals, and always look both ways before crossing.
- Always walk on a sidewalk, and if there isn’t one, walk facing traffic.
- Decorate costumes with reflective tape and light colors.
- Avoid vision impairing masks, and use face paint instead.
Always make sure your child has a flashlight and/or glow stick to light up the fun. Being seen is the best way to stay safe on Halloween, and Life Gear here to help. Our LED flashlights and glow sticks are reusable and loaded with built-in safety.
- Choose from red, green, blue, or pink glow stick colors.
- Enjoy 5 different light modes: LED Flashlight, Flashlight with Flasher, Flashlight with Glow, Glow Handle, and Safety Flasher.
- The emergency whistle will bring attention to any unsafe situation.
- Each glow stick includes a lanyard, and is both water and impact resistant.
Don’t let your kid trick-or-treat in the dark!